Thursday, May 23, 2013

The Lion Hunt


          Once again, there I was sitting in the back of a matatu (van) driving across an endlessly bumpy road while giggling like a maniac…
            We were on a lion hunt. After hearing they were somewhere in the bush, we took off across the red dirt road searching for a tan lump in the distance (which we assumed would be a lion). Can I just tell you how hard it is to look out the window and scan the horizon while looking for something that stood out to me (as I was told to do)? First of all, knowing me, the wildflowers are what stand out in my mind. I scan and pause when I see pretty flowers (not when I see a tan lump that I hope is a lion). Secondly, when my rump is literally leaving my seat every few seconds, I have a hard time focusing on scanning the horizon. But alas, my job was to find the lions, so there I sat, bouncing around in my seat, attempting to scan the horizon (when in actuality, I was about to pee my pants I was laughing so hard). How everyone else was so serious, straight-faced, and focused at the task ahead of us, I have no idea. We never found the lions while we were looking though. We found rhinos, ostriches, giraffes, some random birds, wildebeests, gazelle, and a few others, but no lions. Right before we quit, we were driving back home and saw the lions. Of course we saw them when we weren’t looking…Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment